Gladys' Gang: Family Tree
January 7, 201510:00 - 11:00 a.m.Inspired by the CMAs temporary exhibit, Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera, this months Gladys Gang is all about family. This educational program includes theme based gallery visit, story time and creative studio activity designed for participants (ages 2-5) and their adult companions.
January 15, 20156:00 - 8:00 p.m.Join us for a two-part workshop with CMA instructor Jimmy Hiller to explore basic procedures and styles in the art of printmaking. Printmaking 101 is the first of 4 classes in the new the Art School 101 series which offers participants the perfect opportunity to dabble in printmaking, photography, watercolor painting, and drawing while learning new techniques. Participants must be 18 or older. Individual classes (two sessions each): $80 / $60 members. Sign up for all 4 and receive a 20 % discount: $256 / $192 members.
CMA Jazz on Main
January 15, 2015Doors open at 7:00 p.m. Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.Enjoy this exciting series of amazing, hot jazz performances, under the artistic direction of internationally renowned band leader Noel Freidline, in the elegant setting of the DuBose-Poston Reception Hall.
Presented by Family Medicine Centers of South Carolina
CMA Jazz on Main: Oscar, Ahmad & George: Three Legends of Piano Jazz
January 16, 2015Happy hour at 7:00 p.m.
Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.One was knighted by the Queen of England, another was named a Living Jazz Legend by the Kennedy Center, and another won eight Grammy Awards and was referred to as the "Maharaja of the keyboard" by Duke Ellington. There is no shortage of world-class jazz pianists, but the names George Shearing, Ahmad Jamal, and Oscar Peterson stand out amongst the best. Each developed a signature sound in the 1950s that would become a point of reference. Their unique styles would go on to heavily influence countless musicians. The Noel Freidline Trio with special guest saxophonist Doug Henry presents an evening of music made famous by Shearing, Jamal, and Peterson, including such classics as "Lullaby of Birdland," "So Rare," "Poinciana," "But Not for Me," "Night Train," and "Band Call."
Presented by Family Medicine Centers of South Carolina. Cash Bar.
Be the CMA General Membership
All CMA memberships include the following benefits:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes and lectures
- Free admission to over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including Exhibition Members' Opening Parties
- Member Appreciation Days – several times a year the museum offers exclusive members special savings in the gift shop, an opportunity to bring a friend and more
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
Individual $50Add to Cart
Admission benefits for one adult
Dual/Family $75Add to Cart
- Admission for two adults and children (18 and under)
- Priority registration and 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- Free admission to all Family Fun Events
Patron $250Add to Cart
- All the benefits of Dual/Family membership
- Free admission to almost 600 museums in North America, including over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Free admission for two guests per visit (must be accompanied by a member)
- Printed and Mailed Collections quarterly magazine and opening reception invitations (Individual and Dual/Family will no longer receive printed copies)