Gladys' Gang: Spring Showers
April 1, 201510:00 – 11:00 a.m.Join us for this popular series! GladysÂ’ Gang is a free, early childhood arts and literacy program for ages 2-5 that focuses on preparing children for kindergarten. Using art as a guide, children and their adult caregivers enjoy story time in the galleries followed by a hands-on art project in the CMA studios. The program is held the first Wednesday of each month from 10:00 until 11:00 a.m. This month GladysÂ’ Gang celebrates all the beauty of springÂ—even a little rain! Registration required as space is limited.
April 11, 20157:00 - 10:00 p.m.The Columbia Design LeagueÂ’s annual Runaway Runway blends design and sustainability into a fun fashion extravaganza. In this competition, designers re-imagine post-consumer trash into ultra-creative wearable outfits. Proceeds provide for the annual educational programming of Columbia Design League. Presenting sponsors: SCE&G and Jaguar Land Rover Columbia. $40 / $25 in advance.
Check out this video to learn more!
Days of Wine and Peonies
April 16, 20156:00 - 8:00 p.m.Enjoy a delightful evening as you explore the exhibition Charles Courtney Curran Seeking the Ideal followed the art of flower arranging with Columbia's own Cricket Newman. Inspired by the beautiful blooms in the exhibition you will create your own spring time arrangement. Wine and oeuvre dÂ’hors will be served. $60 / $50 for members.
CMA Jazz on Main
April 17, 2015Doors open at 7:00 p.m. Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.Enjoy this exciting series of amazing, hot jazz performances, under the artistic direction of internationally renowned band leader Noel Freidline, in the elegant setting of the DuBose-Poston Reception Hall.
Presented by Family Medicine Centers of South Carolina
Curran's Beautiful Day
April 18, 201510:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.Educators step into a world of sunlit days filled with flowers as they engage in gallery talks and lessons on American Impressionism in the Charles Courtney Curran: Seeking the Ideal exhibition. Enjoy an en plein air experience as you create your own impressionist masterpiece.
The Contemporaries’ Annual Oyster Roast
April 23, 20155:30 - 8:30 p.m.Kick off spring in the Capital City with The ContemporariesÂ’ 8th Annual Oyster Roast. Enjoy all-you-can-eat oysters, bottomless beverages, networking, and live music with all of your friends. Not a member? No problem! Join the Contemporaries at the event and youÂ’ll receive free admission.
CMA Chamber Music on Main
April 28, 2015Doors at 6:00 p.m.Concert at 7:00 p.m.Music plus art equals a magical experience with this critically acclaimed chamber concert series featuring world-renowned artistic director Edward Arron and intimately set in the Museum's gorgeous DuBose Poston Reception Hall.
Rieko Aizawa, piano
Jesse Mills, violin
Hye-Jin Kim, violin
Ara Gregorian, violin and viola
Max Mandel, viola
Edward Arron, cello
Turina ScĂ¨ne Andalouse for Viola, Piano and String Quartet, Opus 7
Mendelssohn String Quintet in A Major, Opus 18
Arvo PĂ¤rt Summa for Violin, Two Violas and Cello (1990)
Chausson Concerto in D Major for Violin, Piano and String Quartet, Opus 21
Be the CMA General Membership
All CMA memberships include the following benefits:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes and lectures
- Free admission to over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including Exhibition Members' Opening Parties
- Member Appreciation Days â€“ several times a year the museum offers exclusive members special savings in the gift shop, an opportunity to bring a friend and more
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
Individual $50Add to Cart
Admission benefits for one adult
Dual/Family $75Add to Cart
- Admission for two adults and children (18 and under)
- Priority registration and 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- Free admission to all Family Fun Events
Patron $250Add to Cart
- All the benefits of Dual/Family membership
- Free admission to almost 600 museums in North America, including over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Free admission for two guests per visit (must be accompanied by a member)
- Printed and Mailed Collections quarterly magazine and opening reception invitations (Individual and Dual/Family will no longer receive printed copies)