CMA Chamber Music on Main
March 13, 2014Doors at 6:00 p.m.Concert at 7:00 p.m.Music plus art equals a magical experience with this critically acclaimed chamber concert series featuring world-renowned artistic director Edward Arron and intimately set in the Museum's gorgeous DuBose Poston Reception Hall.
Pedja Muzijevic, piano
Tessa Lark, violin
Erin Keefe, violin and viola
Edward Arron, cello
Shawn Conley, double bass
Rossini String Sonata No. 3 in C Major
Bartók Roumanian Dances for Violin and Piano (arr. Szekely)
Mark OConnor Appalachia Waltz for Violin, Cello, and Double Bass
Schubert Piano Quintet in A Major, D. 667 Trout
FAAAC Presents: An Afternoon with Tyrone Geter
March 16, 20142:30 p.m.Join the Friends of African American Art and Culture and Tyrone Geter for an afternoon discussion on the artist's development and work at his home in Elgin, S.C.only 30 minutes from the Museum
Tyrone Geter, Professor of Drawing and Painting, Curator of Ponder Art Gallery at Benedict College, is a versatile and innovative multimedia master always searching for growth, change, and technical development in his art. His work is in many private and museum collections and has been exhibited nationally and internationally. JASPER Magazine's latest issue highlights Geter and his work. Examples of his work can be seen on his webpage: http://tyronegeteroriginals.com.
Make your reservation now as space is limited. Light refreshments will be provided.
Gladys' Gang: Jazzy Japan!
April 2, 201410:00 - 11:00 a.m.Participants and their adult companions explore art through the introduction of elementary art terms such as color, line, shape and texture. This FREE monthly program includes story time and a creative studio activity related to the theme.
Explore the CMA's exhibition, Japan and the Jazz Age. Then, in the studios, make your very own jazzy Japanese lantern using construction paper.
Tour and Tasting
April 3, 20146:00 p.m.Enjoy libations with a twist as Doug Aylard from Vino Garage introduces you to Asian-inspired wines and Japanese sakes. Then, embark on a journey to a fascinating time period with a guided tour of the exhibition, Japan and the Jazz Age, by CMA Education Manager Kayleigh Vaughn.
Baker & Baker: Art of Music :Best Loved Operas in the World
April 4, 2014Happy hour 6:00 p.m. | Concert 7:00 p.m.Come out to the CMA to enjoy an evening of arias sung by the Palmetto Opera. Artistic Director, Walter Cuttino, will lead the conversation on how Western opera by many European composers, such as Puccini, Verdi, and Wagner influenced the Japanese style of operatic music. Cuttino is currently the Artistic Director for the Palmetto Opera, Conductor of Mastersingers, and is an Associate Professor of Voice at the USC School of Music. The Palmetto Opera is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing grand opera to our capital and state and increasing recognition of the outstanding opera talent in South Carolina. Galleries will be open. $40/ $30 for members and $5 for students. Cash bar.
Be the CMA General Membership
All CMA memberships include the following benefits:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes and lectures
- Free admission to over 100 museums across the Southeast
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including Exhibition Members' Opening Parties
- NEW! Member Appreciation Days – several times a year the museum offers exclusive members special savings in the gift shop, an opportunity to bring a friend and more
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
Individual $50Add to Cart
Admission benefits for one adult
Dual/Family $75Add to Cart
- Admission for two adults and children (18 and under)
- Priority registration and 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- Free admission to all Family Fun Events
Patron $250Add to Cart
- All the benefits of Dual/Family membership
- Free admission to almost 600 museums in North America, including over 100 museums across the Southeast
- Free admission for two guests per visit (must be accompanied by a member)
- Printed and Mailed Collections quarterly magazine and opening reception invitations (Individual and Dual/Family will no longer receive printed copies)