Gladys' Gang: Twisted Trees
October 1, 201410:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.Join us for this popular series! Gladys Gang is a free, early childhood arts and literacy program for ages 2-5 that focuses on preparing children for kindergarten. Using art as a guide, children and their adult caregivers enjoy story time in the galleries followed by a hands-on art project in the CMA studios. The program is held the first Wednesday of each month from 10:00 until 11:00 a.m. This months theme is trees! Enjoy story time in our galleries and then create your own 3-D trees in the studios. Registration required as space is limited. Free.
Members' Opening Party Celebrating Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera
October 16, 20146:00 - 8:00 p.m.Join us for the members-only exhibition opening. Individual membership admits one. All other levels admit two. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. No early entry. RSVP by Friday, October 10, by calling 803-799-2810 or visiting columbiamuseum.org. RSVP early as space is limited. Cash bar. $5 Valet parking. Sponsored by the City of Forest Acres.
The Art of Giving: Inspiring Generosity with Barbara Bonner
October 23, 20144:00 - 6:00 p.m.Join the Columbia Museum of Art and Central Carolina Community Foundation for our planned giving series, "The Art of Giving," with special guest speaker Barbara Bonner, author of Inspiring Generosity. This inspirational book includes the stories of 14 remarkable men and women who have changed both their own lives and the lives of others through their generosity, along with poems and quotes from inspired thinkers and philosophers like William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and others. Inspiring Generosity has received accolades from around the world, including praise from President Obama, President Clinton, and Pope Francis. Ms. Bonner will give a talk on what she has learned about true generosity by working with philanthropists throughout her life, followed by a reception and book-signing. This event is free, but registration is required as space is limited. This is a partnership program with the Central Carolina Community Foundation. Make your reservation today using the button to the right or by contacting Brenna Cawthorn-Keating at 803-343-2206 or Brenna@columbiamuseum.org.
CMA Chamber Music on Main
October 30, 2014Doors at 6:00 p.m.Concert at 7:00 p.m.Music plus art equals a magical experience with this critically acclaimed chamber concert series featuring world-renowned artistic director Edward Arron and intimately set in the Museum's gorgeous DuBose Poston Reception Hall.
Jeewon Park, piano
Tessa Lark, violin
Edward Arron, cello
Mozart Piano Trio in B-flat Major, K. 502
Kodàly Duo for Violin and Cello, Opus 7
Schumann Piano Trio in d minor, Opus 63
Be the CMA General Membership
All CMA memberships include the following benefits:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes and lectures
- Free admission to over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including Exhibition Members' Opening Parties
- Member Appreciation Days – several times a year the museum offers exclusive members special savings in the gift shop, an opportunity to bring a friend and more
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
Individual $50Add to Cart
Admission benefits for one adult
Dual/Family $75Add to Cart
- Admission for two adults and children (18 and under)
- Priority registration and 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- Free admission to all Family Fun Events
Patron $250Add to Cart
- All the benefits of Dual/Family membership
- Free admission to almost 600 museums in North America, including over 80 museums across the Southeast
- Free admission for two guests per visit (must be accompanied by a member)
- Printed and Mailed Collections quarterly magazine and opening reception invitations (Individual and Dual/Family will no longer receive printed copies)